[Cryptography] ORWL - The First Open Source, Physically Secure Computer

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Mon Aug 29 09:52:26 EDT 2016

On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 18:18:44 -0400 grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com>
wrote:
> If you can't see the source and verify the silicon / binary
> matches, you can't trust it. Go build something else.
> #OpenDesigns, #OpenFabs, #ReproducibleBuilds

As a practical matter:

1) Where are the open fabs where I can get a trusted processor design
fabricated, and at reasonable cost?
2) Given the effectiveness of incredibly simple malicious hardware
additions, some of which are difficult to notice even with a careful
destructive analysis of the fabricated part, how can I verify that the
fabricated design is indeed what I expected and consistently so?

I don't think practical and cost effective solutions to these
problems exist.

Perry
Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com