[Cryptography] Insecure email might be an even bigger problem than we suspected

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Fri Aug 26 22:01:53 EDT 2016

On 08/26/2016 05:19 PM, Tom Mitchell wrote:

> It comes as no surprise for those that sit in engineering meetings and are
> involved
> in bug management.  Even when reported the industry has been very slow
> at fixing them.   It is better today with the exception of smart phones and
> vendor
> feature additions...

To be fair when three recent zero-day flaws affecting the iPhone were
discovered, (when an Isreali/American information weapons supplier's
malware was used to attack the phone of a human-rights attorney) Apple
fixed them and pushed out a patch within ten days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37185544

So it isn't *ALL* doom-and-gloom; there are some people who take it
seriously and fix security bugs fairly quickly.

				Bear