[Cryptography] "NSA-linked Cisco exploit poses bigger threat than previously thought"

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Aug 23 22:22:52 EDT 2016

>I'm thinking of something like a "safe buffer" struct that would have an internally set size.

Dan Bernstein wrote string libraries like that in the late 1990s that
he used in qmail and djbdns.

They're simple and straightforward and work very well.  They're easy
enough to use that the extensive patch libraries for qmail generally
use them too.

That's a major reason that even though those two packages have been
abandonware for over a decade, people still use them and they have
very few bugs.

R's,
John