[Cryptography] WhatsApp: Why asymmetric key instead of symmetric keys?

Ismail Kizir ikizir at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 08:41:44 EDT 2016

>If you do not like living under the current state of tyranny and
>oppression, then let's invent new technologies that swing the balance
>back in our favor.

Look, I never wanted to tell my personal issues here. But after your
"lessons", I guess, it's unavoidable to mention a few things.

I have been the owner of one top global 10,000 sites of internet.
The largest turkish news archive in the world: tumgazeteler.com.
With more than 5 millions of unique visitors per month according to
Google & comScore.
comScore researches showed it was the 5th and 6th most visited news
site of Turkey two consecutive years.
It was a site similar to Google News site.
With a good search engine, web server and all other technologies
developed by myself.

You know what?
I've been accused for every single article on the site.
For more than 6,000,000 of articles.
>From every different political view.

I've forgotten the number of cases I've been accused.
I've never been condemned.
But going to tribunals every time, was already very annoying.

Then, government started to give monetary sentences. With very stupid reasons.
They sentenced me to pay ~25,000 USD because "I published an article
about the price of cigarette".
It was an article of  National Official News Agency: Anatolian Agency.
And thousands of other news site published that article at the same
time!
But only a few site were condemned to pay administrational monetary
penalty, including me.

After all those cases and finally monetary penalty, I finally
understood they wanted  to destroy me.
But which group? I still don't know.
I tried to be honest and stay away from influence groups.
It didn't work!

Without being part of an influence group,  having an independant
media, my dream, was impossible. Believe me, not just in Turkey, but
everywhere in the world.
Six years ago, I stopped publishing my site. Without any legal reason.
I just wanted to not to be called by the police or the prosecutor
every 15 days.

You know what?
After 6 years, this year, I've been called by the tribunals for 2
different cases.
Yes!
The ex prime minister's ex consultant, the ex chief of a very
important public financial institution, appealed to high court, and
high court ordered second level court to "judge me again"!
You want the reason they want to judge me again?
This part is really funny!

6 years ago, government published a law.
According to that  law, all media-related cases has been stopped for 3
years. If you don't repeat the same "crime" for 3 years, the case
dismissed.
Second level court, didn't apply that law.
It judged me and obviously I haven't been found guilty. Because, it's
not my article. A national news site has published it. My crawlers
archived it and published on my site! I don't know the person who
charges me. I don't know anything about the article. How may I know?
My crawlers were collecting more than 6000 articles every day!

The high court ordered to judge me again, because, "The second level
court didn't apply the law and "forgave me" :)
Like a joke right?
In fact, it is not "forgiving".
It is shutting up my mouth for at least 3 more years :)

And in the other case, I am charged to "insult" to a judge.
It's also funny!
The article is published by a national newspaper close to current government.
It's about "love affair of one judge with his secretary"! :)
I don't know who that judge is.
I know nothing about the article!
I am already found innocent. As far as I remember, high court
confirmed that decision. But I don't know how, the case is re-opened.
I couldn't learn about the details yet. It's very recent: 27 April. I
just saw on e-government site that the case is re-opened.

Believe me, I have many many stories to tell, about freedom. About
organizations, about groups, about politics.

This year, my old partner came back from France, after many years.
He has been teaching in Sorbonne.
In our first meeting, he asked me:"Why? They obviously annoying you.
You are trying to fight back?"
I really don't know if I am fighting back. I really even don't know
what I am doing wrong.
I just wanted to be independent intellectual. Really. Only this. Nothing more.
I tried to defend freedom, rights; but I wanted to do this in "my own
way", independently.

It didn't work.
I've been "bad" for all political and social groups.
I understood that, the masses, even so-called intellectuals hate the truth.
Nobody wants a mirror. They want Cindirella movies.
They read newspapers from their side, they read  to "learn what they must do".
If they read newspapers from oppositions, they read to learn what to defend!

I haven't mentioned: I wrote articles too. Not more than 40-50. Read
by a lot of people. Usually about international or national politics.
Some of them were very strong.
I have never been charged for my own articles :) It's another interesting point.

About your opinions of "tyrannie", "oppression", "defending by force".

I don't want to "defend someone against another".
I don't want to be for this against that.
I had enough "enemies" I never met.

I am just trying to be "human", and to defend "evebody's rights". Not
specifically against anyone or any group.
I've even created a new symmetric encryption algorithm and opened to public.
Not perfect maybe. But I am trying.