[Cryptography] [cryptography] Secure universal message addressing

Natanael natanael.l at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 14:08:38 EDT 2016

Den 19 apr. 2016 19:28 skrev "John Levine" <johnl at iecc.com>:

> That's not really securely communicating with someone you've never had
> contact with before.  There's a whole non-crypto issue of how you
> recognize bogus transactions inserted into a stream of legit ones.

Why can't it be rephrased as a crypto problem? That means we have a large
stream of transactions where a total lack of history / provenance is normal.

Why aren't we verifiably tracking the path of all such critical data and of
who create and approve what transactions? Why don't we apply crypto here
with for example signature chains (or even fancier crypto like mergable
group signatures to save space), where every system and user involved
involved literally signs off on the data?