[Cryptography] Cryptography being defended on social media and YouTube. This is on the front page of reddit right now

Erik Granger erikgranger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 11:46:14 EDT 2016

CGPGrey - Should all locks have keys? Phones, Castles, Encryption, and You.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPBH1eW28mo

I like this video for a few reasons, it explains why cryptography is
important and why backdoors are bad in layman terms without actually going
into how cryptography works. I'm happy to see a lot of discussion on
cryptography taking place all over the internet, and that young people are
very interested in the technology.

I'm slightly concerned that "encrypted" without ant qualifiers might be
used as a magic word to convince people that something is trustworthy.