[Cryptography] [cryptography] Show Crypto: prototype USB HSM

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Wed Apr 13 17:22:32 EDT 2016

On 4/13/16 at 10:14 AM, ron at flownet.com (Ron Garret) wrote:

>Here’s a photo of an earlier version of the HSM using a
>seven-segment display instead of the current 128x32 pixel OLED,
>next to the current version for size comparison:

I normally carry a USB flash drive in my pocket. With the
connector retracted, it is a bit less than 3 US nickels (2.25
inches, 58mm) long. I would have no problem with either of the
pictured devices.

A note in general. It is possible to make such devices too
small. If I drop it and lose it on the floor, like I do with
surface mounted electronic components, then it is, IMHO, too small.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        |Security, like correctness, is| Periwinkle
(408)356-8506      |not an add-on feature. - Attr-| 16345
Englewood Ave
www.pwpconsult.com |ibuted to Andrew Tanenbaum    | Los Gatos,
CA 95032