[Cryptography] Secure universal message addressing

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Tue Apr 5 09:45:30 EDT 2016

On Apr 4, 2016, at 7:55 AM, Natanael <natanael.l at gmail.com> wrote:
> The key idea here is that you get to have *one* identifier for yourself under your control, that you can use everywhere, securely. Knowing that people have your real address should provide a strong guarantee that messages from them to you will go only to you. And you shouldn't need to change address because you changed messaging services.
>
> How would you guys go about designing a system like what I describe? How would you get it to play nice with P2P nodes?

SC4 (https://github.com/Spark-Innovations/SC4) is a simple open protocol based on TweetNaCl which uses Curve25519 keys as a user’s identity.  I have a prototype chat system working that uses a server to delivery messages, but extending this to a P2P model is pretty easy.  The encryption is end-to-end so it almost doesn’t matter how messages are delivered.  You could publish them on github if you wanted to.  SC4 chat is currently in private beta, but if you’d like to try it drop me a line.

rg