[Cryptography] Aussie scientists put quantum computing onto silicon

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Oct 5 17:22:03 EDT 2015

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/australian-researchers-make-quantum-computing-breakthrough-paving-way-for-worldfirst-chip-20151005-gk1bov.html

``Australian scientists have discovered a way to put quantum computing
  technology into silicon computer chips, paving the way for the first
  commercial manufacture of the holy grail in superfast computing.''

I'm proud that it was my alma mater, University of NSW; I might even get
to see quantum computers in my lifetime, after all (I turn 63 soon).