[Cryptography] Cryptogit

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 02:45:15 EST 2015

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 11:53 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker
<phill at hallambaker.com> wrote:
> As some folk will know from my facebook feed, I have been struggling
> with git over the past week.
>
> With a considerable amount of hassle, I now have the systems running.
> Its not pretty and there are good reasons for the usability horrors.
> SSH and GIT both bump up against the PKI bootstrap problem when in
> comes to sharing public keys. Fortunately that is the problem I am
> currently working on and git is now one of the applications I hope to
> make a lot easier to use with the Mesh.
>

> Anyhoo. Let us imagine for a moment that it is really easy to connect
> up to a git repo in the cloud. On your Google drive or your 1Tb
> OneDrive or whatever.
>
> Wouldn't it be really nice to be able to automatically encrypt the
> data you store in the remote .git repo?

Interesting in the context of using git, particularly regarding
multi-user use of same. Simply using a block storage
provider would suffice to put a filesystem then git on top.

There's another git-like version control system that has some
PKI built in, that may serve as a idea / base for further encryption
work...
http://www.monotone.ca/