[Cryptography] Bitcoin blocksize limit can be removed

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Mon Nov 9 21:50:01 EST 2015

On 11/09/2015 11:50 AM, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Generally speaking, one should be cautious about believing the origin
> of messages from famous nyms who are known to PGP sign all their
> messages when those messages are unsigned...

Indeed.  Even in the brief message, Satoshi's "fist" of language
use patterns, line lengths, etc, are not followed.  This is in
addition to his signature keys not being used.

Satoshi walked away.  Not being outed means not preserving any ties
to that identity.  Therefore all the artifacts of that identity -
his old user names, email addresses, etc -- are up for grabs as
rapidly as the providers they tied him to allow reuse of lapsed
usernames etc.  Or, alternatively, as often as they lose control
of their user databases, which has already happened at least once.

We're going to see lots of fake Satoshi stuff.  This isn't the
first, and won't be the last.

Short version: don't believe it unless he's using the same keys.
And, bluntly speaking, the "real" Satoshi won't.  Ever.  He's not
going to take that risk.

					Bear