[Cryptography] Why Rijndael ?

Dan McDonald danmcd at kebe.com
Tue Nov 3 06:37:23 EST 2015

> On Nov 3, 2015, at 2:09 AM, Darkpassenger <darkpassenger at unseen.is> wrote:
>

> are there papers and studies apart from NIST or other usg bodies with "comparative"
> approach between the algos i mentioned in my original mail , and the study results
> in some kind of rationale that cryptoanalitically Rijndael was a better choice ?
> -- a paper that at least appears to be independent and not funded by like doe or
> similar players .

I don't have any papers or things to point at, but I was at Sun while this was going on.  We liked Rijndael because:

- It wasn't inherently little-endian biased.

- It didn't use integer multiply

Both of those things helped its SPARC performance a lot vs. the other AES candidates.

Sorry for the mere anecdotes,
Dan