[Cryptography] [FORGED] Re: How programming language design can help us write secure crypto code

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Sun Nov 1 19:09:38 EST 2015

Ray Dillinger <bear at sonic.net> writes:

>You told them it would never happen.  They based optimizations on the
>"knowledge" that it would never happen.  If you weren't *sure* that it would
>never happen, then you should not have made that promise.

Repeating, for the third time now, the same thing, 100% of the people I've
talked to about this (same qualifier as the other times, small sample size)
interpreted the docs to mean that the compiler does more or less the opposite
of what it actually does.  This indicates that either the compiler or the docs
have a problem that needs to be fixed.

We can keep going around and around and around in circles more or less forever
here, but I think other people will get bored.

Peter.