[Cryptography] Calculating Algebraic Complexity or Algebraic Equation of the S-box

Manish Malik manishmalikkvs at gmail.com
Sat May 30 12:52:57 EDT 2015

Hi ,
I am an undergraduate student pursuing Computer engineering and I am doing
some research in S-box. While evaluating the properties of an AES or some
general S-box(nxn), Algebraic Complexity is considered to be one of the
major factor for a good S-box design. But I am facing difficulty in
calculating it. I have spent a quite a lot time in searching on
understanding how can I evaluate it but I don't found any useful algorithm
or codes for evaluating the complexity of an S-box. I have even asked this
specific question with some great details at
http://crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/22944/evaluating-algebraic-complexity-of-a-s-box
but haven't received any solution yet .

So, if anyone can help me with this then please reply.

--
Thanks,
With Regards