[Cryptography] open questions in secure protocol design?

ianG iang at iang.org
Fri May 29 10:30:21 EDT 2015

On 27/05/2015 17:36 pm, Tony Arcieri wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 7:35 AM, ianG <iang at iang.org
> <mailto:iang at iang.org>> wrote:
>
>     1TCS is part of the real world, it's been used, and it does the job.
>

> Can you give an example of where it actually worked out well?

That's really what I would like to inspire, hence the subject line.  We
need someone to sit down and look at this history seriously and objectively.

For my money, things that worked well are these:

    PGP to 2.6.
    Skype
    Bitcoin
    Silent Circle [0]

Now, we can criticise this list.  Sure.  But, let's eliminate the
religious sniping, and then see what's left.  What can we learn?

iang

[0] history isn't a judge yet, so perhaps it's added for novelty :)
Also Jon has demurred, he mentioned an algorithm had to be changed.