[Cryptography] OPENSSL FREAK

Tony Arcieri bascule at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 02:48:14 EDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 10:59 AM, ianG <iang at iang.org> wrote:

> Do we have a dichotomy?  How much of the support for algorithm agility is
> due to the major companies handling the 'old customer' problem actually
> benefiting from complexity?

If you can stop looking at it through such a perverse lens for just a brief
moment, you might recognize that having a common interoperable encryption
protocol is what has gotten HTTPS as far as it has.

If you don't like how SSL/TLS works, you should probably hop onto the IETF
TLS WG mailing list. I'm not sure they'd appreciate your missives, but
that's where you should post them if you actually want to accomplish change
instead of just having a venue for your rants.

--
Tony Arcieri