[Cryptography] Cheap forensic recorder

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Mon Mar 2 22:47:29 EST 2015

OK how about this for a protocol

1) We make the hardware and seal it in some sort of tamper evident resin.

2) We set up a notary log infrastructure. Let N(t) be the output at time t.

3) To notarize a document we first encrypt under key N(t) thus creating a
document that nobody could predict how to decrypt when the device was made.

4) We calculate hash values etc. over the encrypted data.

5) We have two devices. The first takes the SD card and produces an
encrypted image. This is then transferred to the second that calculates the
hash value.

6) We then use the decrypted image as the master????