[Cryptography] Apple requires 2048 bits for email DH, breaks connection to many providers

Jerry Leichter leichter at lrw.com
Fri Jul 10 06:46:37 EDT 2015

The latest releases of MacOS and iOS won't accept small DH groups when setting up SSL connections.

I thought that Google had updated a long time ago, but some gMail connections apparently are failing because of this.

This will cause some pain, but it's interesting to see Apple increasingly saying to pretty much everyone:  Fix your problems or we won't play with you.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/07/10/how-to-resolve-mail-smtp-errors-in-os-x-10104-and-ios-84
                                                        -- Jerry