[Cryptography] Anti-clipper team re-assembles

alan at clueserver.org alan at clueserver.org
Wed Jul 8 15:59:41 EDT 2015

> On Jul 8, 2015, at 2:33 PM, alan at clueserver.org wrote:
>> ...To enable the policy that the FBI is demanding would be like a demand
>> to replace every lock everywhere with one that the feds could easily
>> pick.
>> The cost would be incredible and the logistics would be impossible....
> Oh, but we already did that with "TSA-accepted" locks for checked bags.
> Look how well *that's* working!

And look how many people in authority abuse those locks.

Do we really want any "law enforcement official" to be able to read the
communications of anyone he or she wants? The NSA has a term for that. It
is called LOVEINT. Has anyone ever been punished for that? We don't know.
Doubtful.

The FBI alone has been burning reputation capital faster than fart in a
frathouse. Instead of trying to improve public integrity, they are just
making shit up and letting the press rip and read it.