[Cryptography] Cheap forensic recorder

Natanael natanael.l at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 05:44:49 EST 2015

Den 27 feb 2015 18:53 skrev "Phillip Hallam-Baker" <phill at hallambaker.com>:

> I have been using a Raspberry Pi 2 as a burner machine in a legal case.
The nice feature of the Pi being that I can pull the O/S image card, drop
it in an evidence bag and FedEx it to the lawyers.

> This approach lets me:
>
> * Use a machine in a verifiable known state
> * Control exactly what is on the machine
>
> But I would like to go a little further. In particular i would ideally
like a complete, signed record of every keystroke and the video output.

> Some folk have been setting up screencapture (scrot) with a crontab job.
Since this is X-Windows, is there an easy way to insert an X-Windows logger
in the path?

> This is all preparatory to being able to dump the recorded stream into a
timestamp notary system.

I'm not 100% due, but the ARM TrustZone capabilities of this thing might
work for you:

https://www.crowdsupply.com/inverse-path/usb-armory