[Cryptography] Quarter-million dollar bounty for key crack....

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Sun Feb 22 18:38:26 EST 2015

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Ray Dillinger <bear at sonic.net> wrote:

> Okay, anybody out there who has an idea for special hardware

> Details at:
>
> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=427753.0
>
> No idea who this guy is, but he's been around that forum for a
> while and has a verifiable history of flinging wealth around
> (usually in ways that make him more; he's clearly not stupid).
>
> So the bounty is credible.

Others are asking for proof that there is funding behind the game.
My guess is like yours -- he would be able to unlock a big pile
of bitcoins with the answer or would be able to pay from a generous
pile of asset-forfeiture funds.

If the pile of bitcoins belonged to the like of a TLA (FBI has some)
one could find that collecting would be problematic.

I am currently unwilling to play such games unless I know who....

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l