[Cryptography] A better random number generator...

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Sun Feb 22 17:48:52 EST 2015

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Henry Baker <hbaker1 at pipeline.com> wrote:

> At 04:47 PM 2/18/2015, Tom Mitchell wrote:
> >A talk at Stanford:
> >The video will be online later...
> >
> >Talk by:
> >Melissa O'Neill

> >Algorithmic random number generators are everywhere, used for all kinds
> of tasks, from simulation to computational creativity.

> Come on, people!  Only 68 views so far.
>
> This video should be _required watching_ before anyone is allowed to even
> use "random number" in a sentence, much less in computer code.
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Oet5qjlms

Give the watch count a +1,   I watched it via the Stanford link not youtube.
It is a very clever approach to generating random numbers.
And of interest she makes it clear what RNG is behind the
library call of many OSs.

If anyone wants to know the answer to the "tell you after the cameras
are shut off" question we could address that in another thread.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l