[Cryptography] [cryptography] PGP word list

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Feb 22 14:01:55 EST 2015

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015, Florian Weimer wrote:

> An option to spell out the digits and letters in a hex fingerprint would
> be a good start, so that you end up with some sort of semi-standard
> spellings (alpha/bravo/charlie/delta/echo/foxtrott is pretty consistent
> across English-speaking locales), instead of apple/banana/citrus and its
> variants.

Minor nit: it's "alfa", not "alpha"; the latter, if read when being taught
Voice Procedure, could be pronounced "alp-ha".

The NATO alphabet works for a reason, and English is a weird language.

OT aside: I saw a disgusting version, which went along the lines of "P as
in psychology" etc; your "C as in citrus" reminded me :-)

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)