[Cryptography] Equation Group Multiple Malware Program, NSA Implicated

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Sun Feb 22 13:24:35 EST 2015

On 02/20/2015 04:37 AM, ianG wrote:

> Yes, precisely my point.  The organisation is so large that this has to
> be a statistical thing.  And as they have offended their people's
> constitution and other sensibilities, the statistics lean against them,
> not for them.

This is a point I make from time to time.  You will never have good
security unless you have full and enthusiastic cooperation from your
people.  And you won't have that if you're doing anything that your
people don't believe is RIGHT.

And, you know, that "Constitution" thing -- a whole lot of Americans
believe in that.  It's going to be really really hard to do decent
security with Americans on your staff if you're going up against it.

Larger groups always increase the odds of a non-cooperative member.
But those odds start out an order or two of magnitude different
depending on how much your employees believe in what you're doing.

				Bear