[Cryptography] Sony to Offer ‘Premium Sound ’ Memory Card

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Sun Feb 22 01:56:26 EST 2015

At 04:08 PM 2/21/2015, Joseph Ashwood wrote:
>All this because the [bleep bleep bleep bleep bleep] AC in the building was noisy

That's why God invented digital signal processing.

A number of times I've tried to listen to video lectures where there's an incredible level of AC hum.
I finally cranked up ffmpeg & audacity so that I can strip out the audio, filter out the AC hum, and
replace the filtered audio so that I could watch the video lecture in peace.

The audacity filters for AC harmonics that I programmed in a hour or so work really well.  They're
not professional audio quality, but then again if the original audio had come from a professional,
my efforts wouldn't have been required.

I'm surprised that YouTube doesn't already filter out AC hum from their videos; if you upload a
video that has too much vibration/shake, YouTube will filter that out automatically.