[Cryptography] Encryption used to secure transports is used to hide data exfiltration

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Mon Feb 16 22:43:35 EST 2015

--
Yes, I think this (below)  is link to the exfiltration.   Not realy news
unless you are a CIO in need of an expanded budget.

https://threatpost.com/preventing-silent-data-exits-a-workable-problem-for-businesses/111111

CANCUN–Businesses, especially those in the financial sector, should operate
under the assumption that data exfiltration either is or will soon happen
in their organization.

A lot like car insurance, end users should hope for the best and prepare
for the worst, according to Wells Fargo’s Steve Adegbite, who spoke on the
challenges of detecting silent removal of data at Kaspersky Lab’s Security
Analyst Summit here today.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l