[Cryptography] best practices considered bad term

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Mon Feb 9 01:58:13 EST 2015

On 2/8/15 at 3:57 AM, iang at iang.org (ianG) wrote:

>No, it wasn't security for the users, it was reliability and
>usability.  And it was only apparent if you took a longer view,
>like a year or three in comparison.

I have always maintained that security and reliability are
opposite sides of the same coin. If you don't have reliability,
you have security flaws. If you don't have security, then
attackers can destroy your reliability.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        |"After all, if the conventional wisdom was
working, the
408-356-8506       | rate of systems being compromised would be
going down,
www.pwpconsult.com | wouldn't it?" -- Marcus Ranum