[Cryptography] best practices considered bad term

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Feb 8 00:28:25 EST 2015

On Sun, 8 Feb 2015, Ralph Holz wrote:

> I cannot recall any colleague who gave security as the first argument
> for a switch to OS X. It was almost always the convenience of the OS,
> plus the coupling to other devices. Sure, this is not a representative
> sample - but it makes me ask for some real data.

OK.

I kept my CP/M box right through the MS-DOS days, because the former did
everything I wanted (WordStar, Multiplan, C, Pascal, Telcom, etc).

When Windows became popular I started using Unix at home (was running it
at work for ages before that) because the Windows drive provided the
impetus for cheap Unix platforms, and still kept the CP/M box.

I laughed every time I heard of someone copping the latest virus.

I got my first Mac just a few years ago, and still run Unix at home as
well; I've never run Windoze, and I have no idea where my CP/M boxes (I
had several) are now...

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)