[Cryptography] best practices considered bad term

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Thu Feb 5 23:21:45 EST 2015

Oh please...

Comparing Microsoft to Apple, you have to compare like to like. Which means
comparing Apples crappy 1980s based O/S without memory protection to
Microsoft's crappy1980s based O/S without memory protection. They are both
equally crappy.

Before his Steve-ship took over, Apple had another source of crappiness,
the old hardware was chronically unreliable. My mac would die many times a
day at a time when Windows could last several days.

By 2000 Microsoft had three different O/S builds current, all with very
different security issues. Apple was down to OSX.

If you want a completely secure machine run Open Genera. Not because the
O/S is any more secure than Windows, etc. Because we know the names and
address of everyone who every worked out how to use it and if they do
something bad we can get 'em.