[Cryptography] Juniper & Dual_EC_DRBG

Hugo Landau hlandau at devever.net
Thu Dec 24 14:04:34 EST 2015

On 24/12/15 04:21, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
> I think you're on the right path here. It makes sense from what we've
> published about their VPN decrypt capabilities. I think that anywhere
> there is Cavium, we'll find a "SIGINT enabled" VPN. Cavium is
> repeatedly mentioned in the archive and in documents.
I distinctly remember the 'SIGINT Enabling' document which was
published. It featured the following redaction, which I found very odd:

  (TS//SI//REL TO USA, FVEY) Complete enabling for [?????????]
encryption chips used in Virtual Private Network and Web encryption
devices. [CCP_00009]

Can you confirm if this redaction was referring to Cavium? Or if you are
referring to some other document, can you point me towards it? Or are
these unpublished documents?