[Cryptography] What should I put in notifications to NSA?

Phillip Hallam-Baker phill at hallambaker.com
Thu Dec 17 09:15:01 EST 2015

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 3:09 AM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 11:29 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker
> <phill at hallambaker.com> wrote:
> > I am working on staging the code for the Mesh on SourceForge.
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/projects/mathematicalmesh/
> >
> > There is this bit to do:
> >
> > You must notify BIS and the ENC Encryption Request Coordinator via
> > e-mail of the Internet location (e.g., URL or Internet address) of the
> > publicly available encryption source code or provide each of them a
> > copy of the publicly available encryption source code. If you update
> > or modify the source code, you must also provide additional copies to
> > each of them each time the cryptographic functionality of the source
> > code is updated or modified. In addition, if you posted the source
> > code on the Internet, you must notify BIS and the ENC Encryption
> > Request Coordinator each time the Internet location is changed, but
> > you are not required to notify them of updates or modifications made
> > to the encryption source code at the previously notified location. In
> > all instances, submit the notification or copy to crypt at bis.doc.gov
> > and toenc at nsa.gov.
> >

> > What do folk normally do here? I was thinking of giving them the URL
> > of the repository and a statement to the effect that by complying I do
> > not wave my first amendment rights
>
> Seriously?!
>
> How about linking to...
> http://fuckoff.com/
>
> And if you're still worried,
> develop stuff anonymously,
> in/over anonymous networks.
>
> And if they still care to bother to find you,
> then your country's obviously shit and
> you need a new one.

I'm not the type of crypto hacker that develops a strong encryption scheme
just to disable NSA mass surveillance.

I'm trying to be the type of crypto hacker that develops a strong
encryption scheme to disable NSA mass surveillance and then sells the same
scheme to the NSA to secure all those documents that Snowden and Manning
leaked.