[Cryptography] What should I put in notifications to NSA?

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 03:09:36 EST 2015

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 11:29 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker
<phill at hallambaker.com> wrote:
> I am working on staging the code for the Mesh on SourceForge.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mathematicalmesh/
>
> There is this bit to do:
>
> You must notify BIS and the ENC Encryption Request Coordinator via
> e-mail of the Internet location (e.g., URL or Internet address) of the
> publicly available encryption source code or provide each of them a
> copy of the publicly available encryption source code. If you update
> or modify the source code, you must also provide additional copies to
> each of them each time the cryptographic functionality of the source
> code is updated or modified. In addition, if you posted the source
> code on the Internet, you must notify BIS and the ENC Encryption
> Request Coordinator each time the Internet location is changed, but
> you are not required to notify them of updates or modifications made
> to the encryption source code at the previously notified location. In
> all instances, submit the notification or copy to crypt at bis.doc.gov
> and toenc at nsa.gov.
>

> What do folk normally do here? I was thinking of giving them the URL
> of the repository and a statement to the effect that by complying I do
> not wave my first amendment rights

Seriously?!

How about linking to...
http://fuckoff.com/

And if you're still worried,
develop stuff anonymously,
in/over anonymous networks.

And if they still care to bother to find you,
then your country's obviously shit and
you need a new one.

cc cpunks due to metzdowd thought police