[Cryptography] Augmented Reality Encrypted Displays

Henry Baker hbaker1 at pipeline.com
Fri Aug 28 14:53:11 EDT 2015

At 10:09 AM 8/28/2015, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 9:55 PM, Ray Dillinger <bear at sonic.net> wrote:
>
>On 08/22/2015 08:22 AM, Henry Baker wrote:
>
>> Visual cryptography [26] is a cryptographic secret-sharing
>> scheme where visual information is split into multiple shares,
>> such that one share by itself is indiscernible from random
>> noise.

The web may be *forced* into using something like "visual
cryptography" in order to get around "clickjacking", whereby
the user is tricked into clicking on the wrong button (or the
right button for the wrong reasons).  It's getting harder &
harder for a web site to know & guarantee that what it thinks
is being displayed is actually what a user sees & is agreeing
to.  See Dan Kaminsky's recent DEFCON talk for more info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wx2TnaRSGs

DEF CON 23 - Dan Kaminsky - I Want These * Bugs off My * Internet