[Cryptography] Augmented Reality Encrypted Displays

Natanael natanael.l at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 06:08:57 EDT 2015

Den 23 aug 2015 02:42 skrev "Joshua Marpet" <joshua.marpet at guardedrisk.com>:

> Wait, seriously like the red cards from 80's cartoons?  Hold it over the
screen, read out the "secret message"?

> Because a photo of the card makes it totally not a one time pad.  </s>
>
> Sorry, I am amused, and think it's a cool talk, but not practical in the
slightest.

Dynamic transparent screen, not static film. I guess I should have
clarified that the pattern would be derived using deterministic CSPRNGs
with a shared secret between the server and card. Using time as a component
would make that photo absolutely useless unless the attacker also got a
photo within X seconds of the computer screen.