[Cryptography] More efficient and just as secure to sign message hash using Ed25519?

Allen allenpmd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 20:11:52 EDT 2015

> Exploiting hash collisions in digital signature algorithms have led to real-world attacks. See e.g. Flame MD5 collision.

Would hashing twice with MD5 be the best way to prevent that attack, or might it be better to use a stronger hash function?  See also my earlier comment: "I could probably find a way to use those CPU cycles that would yield a better payoff (using a stronger curve or a more complicated hash function perhaps?)."