[Cryptography] asymmetric attacks on crypto-protocols - the rough consensus attack

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 09:41:54 EDT 2015

Re-reading your post, I see you're talking about a dedicated attacker who
is a real person everyone already knows.  This isn't some small change,
like switching from SHA1 in BitTorrent to SHA256 that you might discuss
anonymously.  You're talking about securing data important enough for a
government to plant a real person on a committee to disrupt it.

In this case, I think you are right to drop rough consensus.  Just go build
it, and don't let anyone get in your way.  Strong leadership is a good
defense in this case.

Bill