[Cryptography] HR 5099

Joe St Sauver joe at oregon.uoregon.edu
Fri Sep 12 17:08:25 EDT 2014

Hi,

Regarding House Bill 5099, John had commented:

# I'm not an expert, but I'd wager that this bill isn't
# going anywhere.

Govtrack suggests (literally) a 7% chance of the bill getting
past committee, and a 2% chance of the bill actually being enacted.
In other words, I think that Govtrack thinks that you're right.

See https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr5099

For comparison, 11% of all bills made it out of committee, and
about 3% were enacted in general during 2011-2013.

For those curious about how they model/estimate this, see
https://www.govtrack.us/about/analysis#prognosis

Regards,

Joe