[Cryptography] distributing fingerprints etc. via QR codes etc.

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Sep 12 04:45:29 EDT 2014

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 10:06, gnu at toad.com said:

> that a human type things to it in order to sign keys.  When the
> maintainer decided that that was a feature, not a bug, I gave up on
> trying to make the program work, and never got back to it.  It's called

Well, I actually implemented

     --quick-sign-key fpr [names]
     --quick-lsign-key name

              Directly sign a key from the passphrase without any
              further user interaction.  The fpr must be the verified
              primary fingerprint of a key in the local keyring. If no
              names are given, all useful user ids are signed; with
              given [names] only useful user ids matching one of the-
              ses names are signed.  The command --quick-lsign-key marks
              the signatures as non-exportable.  If such a
              non-exportable signature already exists the
              --quick-sign-key turns it into a exportable signature.

              This command uses reasonable defaults and thus does not
              provide the full flexibility of the "sign" subcommand from
              --edit-key.  Its intended use is to help unattended signing
              using a list of verified fingerprints.

on your request.  However, backporting that whole stuff to the stable
GnuPG versions would have been too much work.

> Anybody want to mess with it?

Grab a GnuPG 2.1 beta and it should be easy.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner