[Cryptography] List of Proven Secure Ciphers / Hashes

Stephan Neuhaus stephan.neuhaus at tik.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Sep 4 02:13:41 EDT 2014

On 2014-09-03 12:17, Lodewijk andré de la porte wrote:
> asserting P!=NP is a prerequisite for all crypto, but it isn't proven.

I'm not sure why this should be so.  Presumably you mean that the
security of all cryptography depends on P != NP.  That may be true for
all *current* crypto (I don't know), but if you could find an encryption
algorithm that would be provably as difficult to break as a random
problem in NEXP - NP, then even if P = NP, your algorithm would still be
safe.

NP just isn't the hardest class of problems out there.

Fun,

Stephan