[Cryptography] 1023 nails in the coffin of 1024 RSA...

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Mon Oct 6 10:27:47 EDT 2014

PH> Optimization error or not, RSA has been tested quite extensively
PH> with mismatched p and q and it works just fine.

I presume that the real error in the compilation occurs later; the
quoted part is likely just an additional, minor error which is an
easy way to differentiate affected compilations.  Like a canary.

The note Ian quoted did not claim that the mistmatched p and q were
the cause of the bug, but rather that later miscompilation were.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6