[Cryptography] 1023 nails in the coffin of 1024 RSA...

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Mon Oct 6 10:20:17 EDT 2014

Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill at hallambaker.com> writes:

>Optimization error or not, RSA has been tested quite extensively with
>mismatched p and q and it works just fine.

Oh, I didn't mean the problem was a mismatched p and q but that it could have
come about because of some other code-generation error.  I've seen gcc in the
past generate output code that bears no relation to the source code that's fed
to it, it could be that they discovered some combination of gcc release and
target platform that produces broken code.

Or at least that seems a less unlikely explanation than their mismatched-p-q
one.

Peter.