[Cryptography] Best internet crypto clock: hmmmmm...

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Sat Nov 1 17:48:01 EDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 11:51 PM, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 31 Oct 2014, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
> >
> >> Are you perhaps thinking of the so-called EURion constellation?

> http://www.secretservice.gov/know_your_money.shtml
>
> Quality counterfeiters of US notes don't care what

One of the driving forces to the changes in currency around
the globe was angst and some evidence of nation level
counterfeiting.   Some small number of folk still have first
hand knowledge of currency attacks in WW2 and how effective
(or not) these attacks were.  Good accounts are sparse and
like other secrets seem to still be closely held.

I know that the local farmers market and flea market vendors in
this area are very cautious about $20 bills that are apparently
color printer and color copier produced.

I did see some mumble about N. Korea and very high
end intaglio printing about the same time the US and other
nations started changing methods and designs.  A secretive
well funded organization or government can do a lot to
produce counterfeit money.   A decade or two earlier a lot of
effort was spent on durability.

It goes without saying that the secret service can use OCR
readers in multiple locations and track each and every printed
bill.   If their audits detect an interesting level I can see the next
revision of design getting released into the cycle and aggressive
audited shredder action for the previous.

--
  T o m    M i t c h e l l