[Cryptography] [cryptography] Is it time for a revolution to replace TLS?

Tony Arcieri bascule at gmail.com
Thu May 15 12:20:00 EDT 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker <hallam at gmail.com>wrote:

> In general any proposal of the form 'lets replace X with something 10%
> 'better'' is a losing proposition. Particularly when we are talking
> about systems where network effects dominate such as protocols, APIs
> and keyboard layouts[1].

Does that mean that JSON was more than 10% better than XML, or REST more
than 10% better than SOAP?

That's not to say that "enterprise" users don't still make extensive use of
the, for lack of a better term, crappier technologies, but for the rest of
us, we hopefully don't have those monstrosities in our daily lives anymore.

--
Tony Arcieri