[Cryptography] Almost decentralized currency

L. M. Goodman lmgoodman at hushmail.com
Tue Jun 24 07:09:54 EDT 2014

On 6/23/2014 at 9:38 PM, "Lodewijk andré de la porte" <l at odewijk.nl> wrote:You're looking for ZeroReserve, which I keep mentioning! Maybe you read something (from me?) about it? But you are a bit blockchain obsessed, why do you need it once you have some trustable entities?

I've looked at ZeroReserve. It seems to be using a social fork to build a graph of credit line (similar to what Ripple does). This seems quite different from what I'm suggesting, which is to use a social network as a way to build a consensus resilient to Sybil attacks.

The reason I'm suggesting the use of a blockchain is that if somehow a malicious attacker takes control of the network, he cannot pull shenanigans without being detected.

It's a technology upon which you can based digital assets (such as a currency, domain names, etc) not just liabilities.