[Cryptography] What has Bitcoin achieved?

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Fri Jun 6 21:53:21 EDT 2014

On 6/5/14 at 3:18 PM, johnl at iecc.com (John Levine) wrote:

>I believe that you feel that way, but it's quite clear that most
>people don't, since approximately nobody pays for stuff from a wallet
>full of cash.  (Do you?  If not, why not?)

OK, I'm not "most people". I pay cash for a lot of things. I
shop in farmer's and flea markets where cash is king. What I
don't pay cash for is mostly:

   Times when I don't have that much cash.

   Vendor's who will take a personal check (mostly friends).

   Gasoline (credit cards are just too easy).

   Online buys (ditto).

Most everything else is cash. I think I mostly use cash for the
faster transactions, but privacy paranoia may also play a role.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz        | "I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn
up the
408-356-8506       | intelligence.  There's a knob called
"brightness", but
www.pwpconsult.com | it doesn't work. -- Gallagher