[Cryptography] To what is Anderson referring here?

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Thu Jun 5 08:05:43 EDT 2014

> Number Specification" that RSA/MD5 [RFC 2537] is "recommended" but DSA [RFC 2536] is "mandatory." Lots of time and energy was expanded dealing with that...

Yes, for those who weren't there...  As Peter G has put it, the docs all said "RSA MAY DSA MUST" but everyone went and got a license and acted as if it said RSA MUST DSA MAY"

As for making money from Crypto:  I know my former employer paid Certicom some money.

	/r$

--
Principal Security Engineer
Akamai Technologies, Cambridge, MA