[Cryptography] Steganography and bringing encryption to a piece of paper

Dave Howe davehowe.pentesting at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 12:19:20 EDT 2014

On 18/07/2014 08:08, Grégory Alvarez wrote:
>  Steganography on a piece of paper? A problem with the dictionary
> approach is that the text does not look like a normal letter. The
> censors may not be able to read it, but they can see that the text
> stands out. A phrase like "uncomplimentary threateningly. conceptually
> secures on pockiest" does not look like something you would place in a
> letter to grandma...
>

> Yes this is a problem I am working on. I have some ideas how to solve
> it but nothing very effective right now. Any suggestions are welcome.
Seen an approach to this that relied on transcribing existing text and
choosing synonyms for the words such that the original meaning was
preserved; downside was it was a really low bandwidth channel, with only
a couple of bits per altered word and not every word capable of being
altered in a sentence without completely changing the meaning.