[Cryptography] Boing Boing pushing an RSA Conference boycott

Joshua Marpet joshua.marpet at guardedrisk.com
Mon Jan 13 13:51:55 EST 2014

As much as I respect Cory Doctorow's fiction (Little Brother was AWESOME!),
sometimes he rides a little off the rail in the name of publicity, in my
opinion.

Even if you want to boycott RSA, the fact is is that a lot of companies
have paid a lot of money to be at the conference, and sell their wares.
 It's an important con for lots of small and startup companies.  Do they
think they'll hurt RSA?  Maybe.  Will they hurt smaller groups that are
praying very hard to impress some likely buyers?  Probably.

Not cool.