[Cryptography] TAO, NSA crypto backdoor program

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 08:16:26 EST 2014

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Lodewijk andré de la porte <l at odewijk.nl>wrote:

> 2013/12/31 Raphael Jacquot <sxpert at sxpert.org>
>
>> ANT is a division of TAO, customers are other NSA people.
>>

> Yeah, I guess so. The question is whether or not it's naive to think it's
> just the NSA, it should be the CIA too sometimes. Perhaps even a company on
> a rare occasion.
>
>  "DNT's BANANAGLEE and CES's ZESTYLEAK" - there seem to be at least two
>> companies, DNT and CES, with which the NSA works intimately.
>>
>> DNT and CES are probably other NSA divisions, customers of ANT’s products
>>

> On wikipedia it says:
> CES  Cryptanalysis and Exploitation Services (Also known as S31)
>
> DNT is not mentioned however. It's probably something similarly obvious
> and uninteresting, or it would've been blacked out. Or they missed it?
> Maybe it's a division elsewhere in the DoD?

Looking through the 'mail order catalogue', are we sure that all these
capabilities are actual capabilities rather than projects attempting to
create them?

They have no limits in their ambitions to spend public money. Whether the
results perform as advertised is another matter. Wouldn't the war on terror
be over by now?

I suspect it works about as well as that start wars 'defense' system that
Reagan proposed. Decades later they still haven't had a single test that
wasn't faked. They certainly could not prevent an attack with Chevalene
type warheads which the UK withdrew from service before the project started.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/