[Cryptography] BitCoin bug reported

Phillip Hallam-Baker hallam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 00:40:27 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 9:40 PM, Stephen Farrell
<stephen.farrell at cs.tcd.ie>wrote:

> And it seems a bit odd to be so fixated on essentially the 1988
> blue-book, from which most of the rest of the design followed.
> Surely there have been some more significant errors made since?
> (Snowdonia for example, to pick my own recent fav;-)

Snowdonia does prove the need for pervasive data level security at Fort
Meade. They don't seem to be having much luck.

I suggest that we help them out so that we don't have more Snowden stories.
Build some good specs for end-to-end and data level security and test them
out in the real world before they start using them.

A beta test of two billion people or so should easily be sufficient.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/